Some simple tips to follow that will help ensure your jewellery leads a long and beautiful life!
- Jewellery should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off. This will prevent jewellery getting snagged in your clothing which can damage both jewellery and clothing when you try to pull it out.
- Make-up, lotion, hairspray and perfume should also be applied/sprayed before you put your jewellery on as they may contain chemicals which can be harmful to jewellery.
- Remove jewellery when doing any kind of cleaning around the home involving water and/or any kind of chemicals and cleaning fluids. It’s also a good idea to remove your jewellery before gardening, exercising and sleeping.
- Please don’t bathe, shower or swim with your jewellery on, it's not 100% waterproof and both chlorinated and salt water can cause damage to jewellery surfaces.
- Store jewellery in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Storing your jewellery neatly and making sure it can’t slide and move around and come into contact with other pieces will prevent the damage that can result if they get tangled up together.
- To help prevent tarnish (caused by prolonged exposure to moisture and air) forming on metal components you can store your jewellery in individual zip lock bags. Not very glamorous but effective!
- My jewellery contains a lot of different mediums and metals so if you feel your specific piece needs cleaning and you’d like some advice on how best to do so please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org